The Second Reproduction Overview/Review

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Game Title: The Second Reproduction
Game Platform: PC
Game Developer: Heterodoxy
Release Date: December 28, 2008
Official Website: ------
Walkthrough: ------
Download Site: Craneanime or Erogedownload

Opening:

Story:
In a world where demons and humans fight each other, Christina, the third princess of Almenan and also bears a title "Champion" had a countless battle victories. Her mother the Queen sent her daughter on a secret mission to assassinate the Demon King named Gardis. Christina being loyal to her mother set out alongside with her most trust worthy knight Lezette to kill the Demon Lord.

Characters:
Name: Christina
CV: ------

A master in swordmanship and the current "Champion" of Almenan. She will fight for what she thinks is right.

Name: Gardis
CV: ------

The Demon Lord who was assigned to Christina for her to assassinate. Although he is kind of fierce, he rules his country with kindness which the demons look up to him in respect. He fell in love with Christina at first sight.

Name: Lezette
CV: ------

The most trusted knight of Christina. He is good at swordmanship but not as good as Christina. It seems that she already loves Christina from the start and will do anything just for her. He is good with children even if they are demons.

Name: Jin
CV: ------

The prime minister of Gardis' country. He always smiles and has a mysterious aura surrounding him. He seems to have fetishes like tying a women.

Sample CG's:

Game Review:
Gameplay: The usually otome game where the heroine just choose what to say is something I like but in here, Christina will choose what she wants to do in her free time wherein if she misses an event then the game will lead to bad ending.So in here, the player must pay attention on what the minor characters are saying. It's not like I hate it but I prefer the usual otome gameplay style.

Art/Design: The drawings are great and all but hmm... how should I put it... the guys eyes are small while he heroine's eye is too large, I'm not saying that they should be equal but it just bothered me. I even don't like the character design on Lezette.

BGM/OST: Yes, it's good. I can listen to it over and over again.

Story: So far, I like the story. The men are possessive and overprotective to the heroine. The story even has some VERY tragedic ending where one of them is killed and that is what I call a bad ending. We can even learn a moral lesson in the story like not judging people by their looks or race (you know, racist).

Characters: I like Christina because she's a butt kicking princess and even the story is good with a mixture of gore. Gardis is great and all but my fave char is Jin because he has a sadistic personality that just make me swoon over him. Lezette is... well... I don't like him much because of his goody-two-shoes kind of attitude and that is not my cup of tea. Although I do like his friendship with Gardis. Their voices are great and this is the only otome game that I've encountered where the Heroine has a voice.

Final Thoughts: Overall, this game is a must play for otome gamers who can't read Japanese because it has an english patch. My cousin even likes it when I showed it to her. I tell ya, the story is good and even worth playing it over and over again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment