Persona 3 Portable Review/Overview

Friday, October 18, 2013

Game Title: Persona 3 Portable
Game Platform: PSP
Game Developer: Atlus
Release Date: July 6, 2010
Official Website: Atlus
Walkthrough: GameFAQs

Opening:


Story:

The female protagonist was just about to move into a new town but when she arrives at the train station, her surrounding changed into eerie atmosphere, even the moon change its color into light green. She sees a lot of coffin in her way to the dorm, there she met a young boy who made a contract with her saying that she will take responsibility on what will happen from now on. After she signed it, the boy disappeared and the atmosphere turned back to normal then a girl appeared holding a gun. She was about to do something but was stopped by another woman who has red hair.

The red haired girl introduced herself as Mitsuru and the girl wearing in clothes in pink is Yukari. They are residents of the dorm she was about to stay in. The female protagonist just accepted it and was tired for the night. The next day, she went to school with Yukari and she met Junpei, a happy-go-lucky boy.

A whole day passes without any abnormalities but when the time went into midnight, a monster attacked the dorm. Yukari waked her up, gives her a gun and nigitana then pulled her into the rooftop. The monster chased them, Yukari summoned a gust of wind but was dodged by the monster and attacked her making her fall in her butt. The female protagonist heard a voice in her mind and put her gun in her head then pulled the trigger summoning a being but then was transformed into another powerful being defeating the monster. It was later known that the being she summoned is called a persona and the monster is called a shadow. The people in the dorm are defeating the shadows because the shadows attacks innocent people who are unaware of the midnight incidents.

Characters:

Note: I will only post the protagonist and her love interests.
Name: (The player will decide)

The protagonist of the story who can summon multiple personas unlike the others who can only summon one persona.

Name: Shinjiro Aragaki
CV: Kazuya Nakai (Jap) & Grant George (Eng)

A persona user who will join further in the game. He is very scary at first and even has a foul mouth but he is shown to be kind and caring later in the story.

Name: Akihiko Sanada
CV: Hikaru Midorikawa (Jap) & Liam O'Brien (Eng)

Senpai of the female protagonist who loves to fight and active in boxing in their school. He is popular with the girls in their school who never really noticed or doesn't really care what they feel about him. He is also a persona user who lives in the dorm with the female protagonist. He may seem calm and cool all the time but their are times when he panics and loses his cool like when he was trying to flirt with girls because Junpei insisted on doing it.

Name: Ken Amada
CV: Megumi Ogata (Jap)

Another persona user who joins the team further in the game. He is very respectful to others and even admires Akihiko but he has a hostile presence when it comes to Shinjiro. He may seem young but he is quite mature and dependable.

Gameplay:

Game Review:

I actually LOVE persona games! I've played Persona 3 (PS2), this version of the game (P3P in PSP) and Persona 4 (PS2)! I even got a hundred of hours playing the game Persona 4. My first reaction to the game was "ASDASFADFGSDHRTH!!!" xD. The Persona 3 was the very first Persona series that I played, I even played it all over again! I would like to play Persona 1 and 2 but the graphics killed me x.x. I know that I'm not suppose to judge a game because of its graphics but I was just used to playing Persona series with a good graphics... Anyway, I finished Shinjiro's route, my goal was suppose to be Akihiko but when Shinjiro appeared, he made my heart hurt and even pity on him so I choose him. So in my second playthrough, I would choose Akihiko but I never finished his route because that is when I first played my otome game in PSP which is Hakuouki ~Demon of the Fleeting Blossom~ and learned of otome games. I just hope that Atlus will make a girl version protagonist of Persona 4 too -.-. I also want to play Persona 4 Golden but I don't have PSP Vita and the game Persona Arena but I don't also have a PS3... I hope I can convince my mom and dad to buy one for me this Christmas T_T. I know that I'm in the right age to get a job and all but my father doesn't want me to do that because he wants me to concentrate in finishing my education first and to be honest (although I very much want to have a part-time), I don't think I can do both studying and doing part-time job at the same time... So... Yeah...
I highly recommend this game to not only otome game players but for those who are looking for action and summoning skills. The story is great and this game is just too epic for me! (Although Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy is also epic! Oh and even Odin Sphere! xD)

0 comments:

Post a Comment